Saturday, July 10, 2010

post#2

Luis Miramontes
English 20
Cerritos College
Post #2

I think that most of the class could relate with the story Only Daughter. Not because of the fact that she is an only daughter or because she is a girl, but because i believe that most of our family is like that. They want us to be successful, they want us to do better in life than them. Sometimes i feel that we can never impress them. they want so much from us. Sometimes i don't think they know whats best for us no more.

In the quote Sandra Cisneros "Why would anyone go to college and then choose to be poor? especially someone who had always been poor"(11) Parents want us to go to college and get an education but at the same time they want us to work. I'm not saying there is something wrong with working because there is not because a little money here and there don't harm anybody. but don't you sometimes feel like they just want us to work already just to help support the family.

when our parents think of college they don't think of a bachelor or masters degree or even higher they mostly think of an AA degree. Most Mexican parents just want us to go to school fast and start working fast. I'm not saying all Mexican families but most. and that quote really gets to me because they want us in college but at the same time they want us to do other things that could delay our future. i don't want to go to college and do the minimal i want to go and finish what i came there to do and if i can do even more for my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment